Monday, October 18, 2010

RIMMEL LONDON STAY MATTE CLARIFYING MATTE FOUNDATION REVIEW



I was scouting for a good foundation three months ago when I stumbled on this product-- Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation. The name sounded nice and professional so I hit up on some reviews I could find on the net. Most of the reviews were ranging from okay to good with regards to the performance of the product. I got a little bit overly ecstatic to try it out myself so I spent some time to look for the cheapest price offer; I found myself transacting with a power seller from Ebay! Philippines mnm091201. Her price was 300php (6-7 USD) compared to others selling it from 380php-500php; the cheapest I could find.


Let's go hear the product's promise; it promises shine-free formula that leaves your skin looking flawless and fresh for 12 hours. With this have been said, I expected 12 hours without retouching. I was disappointed because it turned out that I still had to do a lot of retouching and powdering all through out the day to keep myself looking matte. The consistency of the foundation is thin which I personally didn't like. As mentioned in my previous blog, I am oily-skinned type and I live in the Philippines ( Where it's sunny everyday- Rachel Berry of Glee). I prefer having a matte-finish than having a dewy one so I am in a desperate move to find a perfect foundation for me.

I expected a lot from this product but it didn't meet it. I guess this is just formulated for people living in cold areas or countries. If Rimmel London wanted to penetrate the Asian market, it should come up with a formula that's really made up for a humid/ hot country.I got myself the Classic Beige number 201 which is a little bit dark for my skin color.  Price-wise, I think this product is on the average side.

-gelzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment